Parsa, Oct 10: An Indian criminal, who had trespassed into Nepal and arrived Birgunj with the motive of committing a crime, was killed in a clash with police last night.
The slain criminal is Dilshad Ahamad of Jagmohara-5, Samastipur in the Indian state of Bihar, the District Police Office, Parsa disclosed in a press conference it held today.
Superintendent of Police at the Parsa Police Office, Raju Babu Shrestha, said Ahamad was killed in an encounter with police on the rough road at Shiromani locality of Bigunj Sub-Metropolitan City-15. Shrestha claimed Ahamad was carrying weapons and had come to Birgunj with the intention of committing a crime but got killed in encounter with police before he could commit the crime.
Shrestha said Ahamad was killed in retaliatory firing by security personnel on patrol as he attempted to open fire at them when they tried to stop him for interrogation. The incident took place as Ahamad was about to enter Birgunj town through the Shiromani tol on a motorcycle with Indian number plate.
Superintendent Shrestha claimed that it has come to light from police investigation that Ahamad was involved in more than 30 criminal incidents including the abduction of industrialist Suresh Kedia. He was wanted by Nepal Police for a long time in the past for his involvement in various crimes as abduction, looting, attempted murder and extortion through phone.
Police said they seized a country-made gun from Ahamad and four rounds of bullets, an Indian Aadhar Card that identified Ahamad and a mobile phone with Indian SIM card and some cash.
Ahamad’s body has been kept at the Narayani Sub-Regional Hospital for post-mortem. Although his family members have been informed about his death through the Indian Police, no family member has come in contact with Nepal Police claiming the body. RSS (Photo available)
Akhabar Dainik /आइत, अशोज ३०, २०७३
- समस्याको जड: पहाडीया अहंकारबाद
- नयाँ शक्तिलाई सघाउन एमाले नेताले बुझाए ओलीलाई राजीनामा (राजीनामापत्रसहित)
- बाबुरामले पार्टी छाडेसँगै उनलाई समर्थन गर्नेहरु बढ्दै (सूचिसहित)
- नयाँ शक्तिलाई सघाउन उपत्यकाका विभिन्न कलेजका ४३६ विद्यार्थीले एमाओवादी छाडे (सूचीसहित
- नयाँ शक्ति निर्माणमा सहभागी हुन बाबुरामको अपिल, नेपालको माटो सुहाउँदो पार्टी बनाएर देशलाई संवृद्धि दिने उदघोष
- अलपत्र युवक :
- कार्कीको संरक्षण महान्यायाधिवक्ता कार्यालयले गर्न सक्दैन : श्रेष्ठ
- विश्व हिन्दू अध्यक्षमा सिंहको मनोनयन दर्ता
- नेपालमै उत्पादन हुन थाल्यो ग्यास
- कक्षा एकदेखि १२ सम्म संस्कृत भाषा अनिवार्य माग
- महान्यायाधिवक्ताको अभिव्यक्ति : महाअभियोग सजाय हो, लोकमान सिंहको संरक्षण महान्यायाधिवक्ता कार्यालयले गर्दैन
- अख्तियार प्रमुख विवादमा तानिनु दुःखद् : नयाँ शक्ति
- बिबिएसको परीक्षाफल प्रकाशित
- दक्षिण अफ्रिकाद्वारा २३ हजार हतियार नष्ट
- विदेश जाने सपना देख्ने युवाले देशको सपना देख्नुस् : उपराष्ट्रपति पुन